The Campain Trail

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Fri Apr 1 12:24:14 EST 2005

 > Elements already under complete control by Rev developers:
 > - Window shapes using images
 > - Button appearances using images

This is very true.  I would just like to create the button "look" only
once, and then have it apply to all buttons immediately.  I find this to
be a lot easier than create 3 different images for every button on my stack.

 > - Fill and fore color and patterns for controls and the card

Yes, this works.  But it is a lot more difficult.  You have to create
the look and feel every single time you want to implement a control.
Imagine if you got your entire project done, and then you realized you
need to create 2 more buttons and 3 more menus.  Now you have to create
6 more button images, and 3 complete menus (all to the design you want).

All in all, it would just be a whole lot easier if you could customize
lookAndFeel themes.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software