contains or is in

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 1 10:02:07 EST 2005

Hello to the list,

I have a question regarding contains versus is in.
If I run the below script in an dragEnd handler it works with the 'is
in' version. But when I swap to the contains version it skips the app
part completely. The script is at the card level and the drag drops on
a button.

Any ideas why contains does not see the .exe or .app????

set the cMyAlias of the target to the dragData
put the cMyAlias of the target into myAlias

   --if myAlias contains ".exe" or ".app" then
   if ".exe" is in myAlias or ".app" is in myAlias then
     set the cmyFolder of the target to "app"
   else if myAlias contains "." then -- haven't figured out how to tell
if it is a file yet
     set the cmyFolder of the target to "file"
   else
     set the cmyFolder of the target to "folder"
   end if

Thomas J. McGrath III
SCS
1000 Killarney Dr.