Title bar on the side

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Apr 1 02:17:26 EST 2005

Recently, J. Landman Gay  wrote:

>> I'm trying to create a small palette window that has a title bar on the
>> left side (rather than the top) and I can't figure out how. I didn't see
>> any mention of this anywhere in the instructions. Does anyone have info
>> on whether this is possible?
>
> It isn't built-in, but it would be pretty easy to fake, I think. Take a
> screen shot of a system window that has the drag bar you want, and use a
> graphics program to extract just the drag bar area. Import the image
> into a Rev stack and place it at the left edge of the stack. Then script
> the image with a mousedown handler that sets the location of the stack
> to the location of the mouse, adjusted to global coordinates.

You know, I could swear I did the above at some point, and going back
through the archives, I found a reference to setting the decorations of a
stack to a numerical value.  Doing this in OSX works but there doesn't
appear to be a palette style with vertical drag strip, so this must have
worked only on pre-OSX systems.

Jacque's right, though, you could create your own drag strip image to
achieve the effect.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director