bug with autorun on Windows?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 15:46:44 EDT 2004

--- Chris Sheffield <revlist at cableone.net> wrote:
> That is what I ended up doing.  And that works fine.
>  I'll Bugzilla this
> though since it doesn't seem to be behaving the way
> it should be.  Thanks.
>
> Chris Sheffield

Actually, I wouldn't call it a bug at all ; I used
this OS-ability in FoxPro for example, to distinguish
at startup between projects by placing them in
different directories and using differently configured
shortcuts.
Revolution is just copying what the OS is handing it
as its default folder. In this case, Windows is
launching the application from the root of the CD ;
you're just telling it to launch an application that
is inside another directory.
You might get around it by inserting a batch file in
the mix that does a 'cd' to the correct directory
before launching your executable.

Jan Schenkel.

=====