Linux Audio

David Quinn-Jacobs dqj at authentrics.com
Thu Sep 30 11:20:23 EDT 2004

Thanks, Flexible.  I had read that, but it doesn't seem to apply to my
situation.  I am getting truncated and garbled sounds, even using the
sound formats recommended there.  I have played with the esd and artsd
daemons too, but they don't seem to affect the quality of the playback.

I have found a temporary workaround, to execute shell("/bin/play
mySoundFile.au"), but that will not be workable for distributing the app
to other platforms and even other Linux configurations.

Does anyone have an idea how many Linux developers there may be?  I am
hoping I am not only one of a handful!

--
Best regards,
-dqj