CGI's and processing requests in order

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Sep 27 16:50:52 EDT 2004

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami wrote:

> Interesting... I was just about to open up a similar OT thread
>
> "Does anyone know of a Rev GUI to act as an RCS for CVS"

There are several, and it's not hard to roll your own if needed.  That
is, as long as you're more interested in results than theory:  there was
a long thread here last year on the topic and it got bogged down in
atomizing all scripts and properties.  But in practical terms there's
little need for that:  well-factored projects and well-structured
workflows will favor a stack-level check-in/check-out; anything more
finely grained is likely overkill, and arguably a case of diminishing
returns.

Chipp Walters made a nifty commercial check-in/check-out tool:
<http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/MagicCarpetCover/default.htm>

Ken made a simpler one a while back for a project he's working on.

I made a specialized one in an afternoon to support 20 contributors on
three continents for a client's Rev-based database.

With libURL's FTP there's almost nothing you can't do for a useful
check-in/check-out system....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation