Debugger/script editor problems in 2.5

Howard Bornstein howard.bornstein at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 14:45:35 EDT 2004

Lately I've been having bizarre script editor problems when using the
debugger. Basically, when I run a script which stops on a breakpoint,
the visual quality of the script debug window changes. The debug
buttons on the bottom (step into, step over, trace, etc) simply
vanish. The Find button moves up to the middle of the window and
behind the vertical divider separating the script from the handler
list. It always goes to the same place too.

This pretty-much kills debugging, since the step buttons are gone.

I can abort with a command-period and if I run the script again, it
often runs correctly with the debugger. But this happens enough to be
really annoying.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a recipe yet, but wondering if anybody
else has seen this--especially the weirdness with the Find button. I
have a screen capture if anyone's interested.

--
Regards,

Howard Bornstein