No Disk error & MountedDisks

webmailman webmail at xasamail.com
Sun Sep 26 12:43:29 EDT 2004

FlexibleLearnig at AOL said:
Any drive letter that is in the volumes and not mounted results in the system error, Jay. As it is the OS that responds, I am guessing the call is  pretty low level with no fast-reacting workaround.

/H
================
For what it's worth, you could make WIN32 API calls to get probably all the drive-related info that you need without the system throwing error messages.

For starters, look at:

GetLogicalDrives
The GetLogicalDrives function returns a bitmask representing the currently available disk drives.

GetLogicalDriveStrings
The GetLogicalDriveStrings function fills a buffer with strings that specify valid drives in the system.

GetDriveType
The GetDriveType function determines whether a disk drive is a removable, fixed, CD-ROM, RAM disk, or network drive.

As /H said above, I suspect Rev is already using (some of) these "low level" calls , but probalby not handling them correctly, resulting in the undesirable error messages from some platforms. I suspect Tuviah could fix this rather easily.

webmailman

    http://www.xasamail.com/

2000 megabytes Spam Protection, Feeds and Calendar.
2000 megas Antispam, Lector de Feeds y Agenda.