Win XP interface quirks

davethebrv at crystalpiersw.com davethebrv at crystalpiersw.com
Sat Sep 25 13:45:49 EDT 2004

Hi,

I just tried out Rev 2.5 and am having several problems with quirks in the XP
interface look and feel.

First, sometimes the orange highlight which appears when the mouse is over a
button "sticks" to that button after the stack has been closed. I can reproduce this
by opening a stack as a modal dialog, and clicking on a button which closes the
stack. The next time the stack is opened, the orange highlight is STILL around the
button that was used to close the stack, eventhough the mouse is not over that
button. Only after the mouse is passed over the button does the highlight dissapear.

The second problem is that a black box is appearing around the clicked line in list
boxes. In the case where multiple lines are selected in a list box, the black box
appears around the line most recently clicked. What is with that?? Is there a way to
get rid of this box?

Also I noticed that the default text font or size or something has been changed. The
text in some of my fields runs outside of the bounds of the field which definately
did not happen before. Also the vertical alignment or the margins seem to be
different. This is fine; I can just realign everything manually, but is this
consistent now if the stack / standalone is run on a Windows 98 machine? Or is
everything going to be misaligned on 98 if I realign it for the new XP look and feel?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give. It would be much appreciated.

David Beck
Rotunda Software