Rev 2.5 Hang at Launch on OS X Bugzilla'd

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Fri Sep 24 18:22:52 EDT 2004

I've about had it with this bug, which I was sure I'd reported and BZed
before, but apparently not.

If you can confirm that this bug arises, please go add to my
description.

Essentially, trying to launch Rev (this has been true for 2.2 and is
still true in 2.5 though less frequent), the splash screen comes up,
gets to the point where it says in the lower right corner that it's
anything short of a reinstall that helped. I think I discovered today
that replacing the revpreferences.rev stack in the components/save
folder solves the problem. But then you have to resupply your serial
number and reset all your preferences.

This happens for me more than once or twice a month and I just can't
find a pattern. I can work in Rev for hours, close it, go to lunch,
come back, launch it and have it fail. No warning, nothing.

Am I the only one experiencing this?