Connecting to Valentina using revdb_connect

Gordon Tillman got at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 24 16:24:20 EDT 2004

Hello All,

I was wondering if some kind soul might enlighten me on a couple of
points...

I'm running the latest RR 2.5 build, with a Studio license (for both
Mac and Windows platforms).

First Item:

If I try to connect to a Valentina database using the revdb_connect
function from my stack while running in the RR development environment,
I get the error message "revdberr, invalid database type".

But if I go ahead and create a stand-alone application, it works just
fine.

I tried using the revSetDatabaseDriverPath to each  of the following
values in turn (when running in the development environment on Mac OS
X) and it didn't help:

/Applications/Revolution 2.5/components
/Applications/Revolution 2.5/components/global environment
/Applications/Revolution 2.5/components/global
environment/database_drivers
/Applications/Revolution 2.5/components/global
environment/database_drivers/MacOSX
/Applications/Revolution 2.5/components/global
environment/database_drivers/MacOSX/VXCMD_macho

Second Item:

It seems like you have to connect to a pre-existing Valentina file, one
that was created with the Valentina application.  Is there any way to
have the RR application create one "on the fly" if it doesn't exist.

Many thanks!

Gordon Tillman