Debugging in 2.5?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Sep 24 02:00:58 EDT 2004

Chipp Walters wrote:
> Mark,
>
> With Revolution 2.5, you can no longer 'debug' the IDE using traditional
> debug measures. This is the same for any stack having the prefix "rev"
> (or so it appears).

I think that's a design decision, with the aim of simplifying debugging
by not stepping through mountains of Rev code.

On the flipside, if there are mountains of Rev code at play then maybe
there's a good reason to be able to debug it....

> The debugger seems to work fine for me outside the IDE. In fact, I
> believe they've actually fixed many bugs in the debugger, including
> errant errors.

Looks like some of the anomalies from v2.2 may have crept back in (too
bad, as they were fixed in v2.2.1).

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation