Playing back remote mp3 files

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 23 02:33:32 EDT 2004

Jesse Sng wrote:
> What I'm trying to figure out now is what do I have to do to get the QT
> player to reference a file that's located on a web server?

Just set the filename of the player to the URL.

Note that with most MP3s QT will have to download the whole thing before
playing.  But if memory serves you reference the MP3s in an M3U
playlist, in most cases QT will play it in a streamed fashion.

A brief discussion of playlist formats is at:
<http://faq.all2all.org/cache/36.html>

Instructions for exporting M3U from iTunes are at:
<http://homepage.mac.com/beryrinaldo/AudioTron/Export_Playlist_to_M3U/>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation