Dates Handled Differently in XP Home?

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Wed Sep 22 17:25:34 EDT 2004

Are there any documented or known differences in the way dates are
handled on XP or XP Home vs. other Windows platforms and OS X?

My client has a customer who can't get our software to run correctly on
his XP Home system. The code that fails checks a code we generate based
on the day the code is supposed to expire to determine if the code is
still valid. On Win2k Pro, OS X, and OS 9, the code he has been given
works. On his XP Home system, it fails every time. If we give him a
code that expires the next day, it works fine.

He swears the date/time is set right on his machine.