'Blessed' plugins

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Sep 21 12:04:11 EDT 2004

Geoff Canyon wrote:
> Upon further reflection, there seems to me to be a clear-cut case for a
> custom property. The concept in question, "Can I drag controls onto this
> stack?" is distinguishable from the existing property cantModify, which
> as Hugh points out has broader implications.

When we start talking about custom properties I have to suggest we
consider the existing built-in property already present:

For 14 years the window's style has been the arbiter of whether new
objects can be created within it.  No matter what else we do, let's
restore that first.

Once the legacy behavior is once again honored we can consider the
merits of redundantly mirroring it with a customProperty....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation