use-revolution Digest, Vol 12, Issue 69

Mark D. Clark markclark at mac.com
Mon Sep 20 17:38:17 EDT 2004

Hi Jay,

I work for a SAN company and our product has snapshot capability
(unlimited snaps per volume, actually). We do support VSS but MS
doesn't just yet for SQL server. Once it does, no worries, but there
might still be times when pausing sql and doing something different (as
might be possible from rev) could be interesting. I was really hoping
someone on the list might have already had experience with this.
Unfortunately I don't have SQL server handy  so it's a bit difficult to
work it out.  Plus, as you can imagine, this is something I am doing on
my own time and doesn't represent my company, blah blah blah. I did
find a couple of links about sql-dmo but haven't gone very far (no
server to play with).

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2000/books/
c03ppcsq.mspx#EJAA
http://doc.ddart.net/mssql/sql70/9_dmor19_5.htm