what/where is this Newbie List?

Graham Samuel graham.samuel at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Sep 18 18:19:42 EDT 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:21:06 -0700 (PDT), Erik Hansen
<erikhans08 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>what/where is this Newbie List?
>couldn't find it at <www.runrev.com>.
>
>the list seems to have moved into a realm
>that is for the more advanced.  i will always
>read it, but my concerns (is mouseStillDown
>handled in a group script ? no, the card script)
>belong in a less high powered list.
>all these TLA's (three word acronyms)...
>
>so can anyone pass directions along?

Courage, Erik!

As far as I know ("AFAIK") this is the only list for general discussion and
mutual advice. Really it is for people of all levels. Sure there are some
arcane subjects discussed here at a highly expert level, but newbie
problems are just as welcome and usually receive prompt and clear answers.
So don't despair of the list. I guess I am not a newbie, and I've been
reading the list for ages now - but there is still a lot of stuff that is
beyond me, for example anything to do with databases (I don't use 'em);
anything remotely clever to do with the Internet; anything to which the
answer contains the word "shell". I've stopped feeling embarrassed about it
- we all have to start somewhere and nobody can know everything. So keep
the questions coming.

Graham