Getting a remote file in OS X

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Fri Sep 17 21:03:17 EDT 2004

Hello Mark Talluto and James Cass,

Thank you for your help.

Well, I just logged into the host Mac using Remote Desktop.  I can
confirm that FTP is on and the ports are set to 20, 21, and some other
big numbers.  The problem appears to be the firewall.  When it's off, I
can retrieve files; when it's on I can't.  I'm not sure how to set
passive ftp in Network Preferences as James suggested.  It requires
some additional information about proxies.

I hope there's a fix.  I need the firewall given that there's a lot of
mischief that goes on in a university.  On the other hand, there's a
lot of cool stuff that I can do with Revolution if I can grab file
information via ftp!

Thanks once again,

	Gregory
	"Out of the blue,