Getting a remote file in OS X

James.Cass at sealedair.com James.Cass at sealedair.com
Fri Sep 17 14:33:06 EDT 2004

Gregory -

Your code works for me in a button, and it retrieves the rtf file, but I
have my firewall turned off on the host where the file is located.
However, I have the firewall enabled on the client Mac.  Mine doesn't work
either with the firewall turned on for the host, even when I explicitely
allow ftp access through the firewall settings, and have passive ftp
enabled in the Networks settings.  Try it with your firewall disabled,
just to see if it works that way and go from there.  Sorry, not sure right
off what to do.  Maybe a RevGuru can chime in.

-James

Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
Sent by: use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com
09/17/04 02:08 PM