Way to retrieve creator-type of OS X files?

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Thu Sep 16 04:26:09 EDT 2004

I've seen lots of documentation on how to SET creator-types in Mac OS X for
new files that are being downloaded by Revolution, but I'm having trouble
finding the command that will tell you the file/creator code of a pre-existing
file on a Mac OS X hard-drive.  Can anyone tell me what that command  is?

For instance, if I've got a Rev app that uploads a series of jpg, gifs,  psd,
illustrator files, etc to a server, I'd like to preserve all those  filetypes
when they get downloaded again with Revolution.  I'd like a means  of
automating this so I don't have a giant if-then statement of extensions and
creator-codes.