arrow keys in a text field?

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Mon Sep 13 23:23:23 EDT 2004

On 13/09/2004, at 22:12, Geoff Canyon <gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com> wrote:

> I'm using 2.5 and I have a palette where the arrow keys aren't working
> in a field. I've already checked that the appropriate properties are
> set, and the arrow keys work if I move the field out of the group it's
> in.
>
> I remember there being an issue if some portion of a field is covered
> by something else, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I've
> tried setting the group to the highest layer, and the field to the
> highest layer in the group, with no luck.
>
> I've looked at the rawKeyUp data, and that message is being triggered.
> But the arrow keys still don't move the cursor.
>
> Any ideas before I go prematurely gray?

Geoff

I have had a similar problem for ages with my Stocks stack, where
attempting to navigate within a field actually moves you to the next
field. Your problem inspired me to check the problem again. I found a
group, which I do not recall creating but which may be giving
background behaviour to the objects on the cards (it is a
reimplementation of a HyperCard stack). In its properties, I unchecked
"Arrow keys navigate contents" and my problem was resolved. Hope it
might work for you.

regards
David