Lock Screen and Modal Window?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Sep 13 15:34:50 EDT 2004

On 9/13/04 1:47 PM, Arthur Urban wrote:

 >>It works here okay. I do notice an anomaly when I first set
 >>the stack to
 >>modal, clicking a button doesn't run its script. Clicking a
 >>second time
 >>and all subsequent times does. However, that's a different thing than
 >>the lockscreen problem. When the button does run, lockscreen
 >>works okay.
 >>
 >>When in your script are you locking the screen? That is, what system
 >>message are you trapping, or what does your script do?
 >

 > I'll try to be concise, if I can:
 >
 > Here is a snippet of code from stack "A" that requests stack "B" to open.
 >
 >    lock screen
 >    sheet stack "B"
 >    unlock screen
 >
 > (I would have much prefered to say 'sheet cd x of stack "B"', but that
 > syntax is not allowed for some strange reason.)
 >
 > In stack "B" I have:
 >
 >    on openStack
 >       lock screen
 >       go cd (the pCardName of this cd of stack "A")
 >       unlock screen
 >    end openStack
 >
 > I figure the dual lock screen calls are overkill, but then again
neither of
 > them seem to do their job. It is upon opening the actual card needed
that I
 > show/hide controls and fill in user data. That's the part that I
can't seem
 > to prevent from showing. Then again, if I don't open the window as a
'sheet'
 > or as a 'modal' everything works fine.

Locking the screen before going to stack "B" will do nothing, so you can
remove that. You can't lock the screen when going to or opening a stack.

Your openstack handler is a little non-standard; normally invisible
things are done on preOpenStack where locking isn't necessary. In
addition, the following works here. Call it from stack "A" when you want
to show the modal stack:

go cd (the pCardName of this cd) of stack "B" as sheet

You shouldn't need to do any locking at all.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com