Why wait for Inheritance in Revolution? Want 1000 more features now?

Rodney Somerstein rodneys at io.com
Mon Sep 13 13:27:49 EDT 2004

Xavier,

XOS sounds interesting to me. If you release XOS, and it is all that
you say it is, I would certainly donate to help keep it going. The
non-object oriented nature of RunRev is one of the things about it
that bothers me a bit, so anything that pushes it in that direction
is a plus for me. Being a hobbyist, I don't see a need to donate
without having something to show for it. I don't doubt your good
intentions, but it was tough enough for me to scrape together the fee
for my RR license renewal. Given this, I won't be donating until I
have something usable from you. If funding is what you need to get
you working on XOS, then I hope that you are able to find it.

Your other tools look very nice and I will give at least PropsN2O a
try soon. Maybe the excuse of trying a neat tool will get me coding
again instead of just thinking about it. I have no problem paying a
suggested donation or shareware fee to a PayPal account for something
that I do use.

As for feedback from users, I think that asking for donations to a
PayPal account would give you some feedback. If you don't get any
donations, then you could take the feedback to mean that people
either don't value your work or that you just haven't advertised it
enough. Of course there are other interpretations as well, such as
people just don't feel that the amount you are asking for is right,
etc. Given the the fact that RunRev add-ons/sample code is mostly
freely shared in the community, asking for a donation from users is
likely to be more successful than shareware. Make sure to put
something in the readme file as well as in the about box. I don't
always look at about boxes, but I always at least glance at readme
files.

I'm not sure what needs to be done to get more links added to other
RunRev user sites. As a user who occasionally looks for such sites, I
would love to see more links.

-Rodney