Https

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Mon Sep 13 10:41:41 EDT 2004

On Sep 13, 2004, at 6:52 AM, Dave Cragg wrote:

> However, it shouldn't be too hard to add something to libUrl which
> allows you to use "without verification". perhaps a "switch command"
> such as libUrlSetSSLVerification <true|false> with the default being
> true.

We are talking about shutting it off for the purposes of that one
session with just the requests made by the Rev-based application,
right?

While I think that SSL which always requires a certificate is not very
useful, I also think it would be bad to so easily compromise the
end-user's computer if the above is not the case. If it only shuts it
off for the Rev app, and only for the current session, that would be a
pretty decent and workable solution.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.