Lock Screen and Modal Window?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Sep 12 01:31:44 EDT 2004

On 9/11/04 2:39 PM, Arthur Urban wrote:

> Lock screen/unlock screen does not seem to work with stacks opened as modal.
> Is this a known bug by any chance?

I'm not sure I'm clear on what you are asking, but a common
misperception is that "lock screen" means "lock the whole screen" when
really it is more like "lock window".

You can't show a window without a redraw; the OS takes over when a
window is created, so its display is out of Rev's control. However, you
can lock the contents of the window, show or hide objects, change some
other things, and then unlock the window contents. This prevents the
user from seeing your changes before they are completed, and often
speeds up the process too.

So basically, locking the window contents is what you get with "lock
screen". I haven't noticed that it behaves any differently with a modal
stack than it does with any other kind.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com