Why 10 hours for a newbie and 30 days for a "programmer"

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Wed Sep 8 17:14:34 EDT 2004

Le 8 sept. 04, à 18:04, Peter T. Evensen a écrit :

> How about a graduate research project comparing the development
> productivity with Revolution over Java (let's say).   This could get
> Revolution noticed in the academic circles and perhaps spawn more
> interested and research.

Rev and Tomcat are going to go head to head with good results in about
serving dynamic html contents including databases connections but Rev
will win the competition in about the time needed to develop the apps
and the amount of connections served peer second (linux issue). In
about EAI stuffs, Rev will, against the EJB2 servers (JBOSS, WebSphere,
WebLogic,...), win "height the hand" in any case !

So this graduate research project would, surelly be a good thing...

> At 11:03 PM 9/7/2004, you wrote:
>> Still, I think that the educators on this list aught to band up and
>> figure
>> out ways to evangelize the product.  It costs us little (I think) and
>> helps us justify our tool of choice.  We somehow have to get
>> publication
>> notice -- both refereed and 'popular' press reviews, articles, etc.
>> written and published.
>>
>> I need to work on my own Rev 'case study' for the company... and
>> others do
>> too.  It would be good if we could all focus on a slightly different
>> facet
>> (for example, as my class is largely CS-majors, focus on producing
>> proof
>> of concept game dev stuff in short order; perhaps Devin @ BYU could
>> take
>> the newbie/humanities angle... Marty can do the middle-school intro to
>> programming...).
>>
>> Aren't I great for coming up with work for *other* folks? @;-)
>>
>> Judy

> Peter T. Evensen
> http://www.PetersRoadToHealth.com
> 24-hour recorded info hotline: 1-800-624-7671

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

psahores+ at +easynet.fr