Why 10 hours for a newbie and 30 days for a "programmer"

Richard Davey rdavey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 12:26:10 EDT 2004

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 11:04:12 -0500, Peter T. Evensen
<pevensen at siboneylg.com> wrote:

> How about a graduate research project comparing the development
> productivity with Revolution over Java (let's say).   This could get
> Revolution noticed in the academic circles and perhaps spawn more
> interested and research.

> At 11:03 PM 9/7/2004, you wrote:
> >We somehow have to get publication
> >notice -- both refereed and 'popular' press reviews, articles, etc.
> >written and published.

I'm a new Revolution 2.5 user having bought it a few days ago. I had
never heard of it before (and I work for a company that makes
programming languages!) but I found the free version given away with
PC Plus magazine here in the UK this month. I liked the syntax and
cross-platform aspects so purchased a copy. PC Plus said they will be
running a "Masterclass" series on it starting next issue, so that
should be several months of free publicity, but beyond that is anyones
guess...

Cheers,

Rich
--