menu maddness, a reply

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Sep 8 12:16:55 EDT 2004

Andrew,

I had problems with the default folder path during development and
final distribution so I learned to put things in my preOpenStack and
then to check for "development" as the environment. This works for
menus as well. I kept this in the standalone build since it doesn't
'hurt' anything.
Below is two things I do now on a regular basis, I just snipped them
from my code. The fix is for the path and the setmymenus is for
installing menus outside of the development environment. I first tested
the menus in development and then have them actually set up outside of
the development environment.

HTH

On preOpenStack
     if the environment is  "development" then
     fixDefaultFolder -- (code below)
   else
	setMyMenus -- (whatever you need to do to set up your menus)
   end if
end preOpenStack

on startUp
   if the platform is "Windows" then
     set the dontUseQt to true
     set the dontUseQTEffects to true
   end if
end startup

on fixDefaultFolder
   put the fileName of this stack into tFileName
   set the itemDelimiter to "/"
   get item 1 to -2 of tFileName
   set the defaultFolder to it
end fixDefaultFolder