Why 10 hours for a newbie and 30 days for a "programmer"

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Wed Sep 8 10:18:44 EDT 2004

At 21:03 -0700 9/7/04, Judy Perry wrote:
>--Hmmm... don't get no stinkin' grants!  I begs for table scraps 'cause I
>needs them...
>
>Still, I think that the educators on this list aught to band up and figure
>out ways to evangelize the product.  It costs us little (I think) and
>helps us justify our tool of choice.  We somehow have to get publication
>notice -- both refereed and 'popular' press reviews, articles, etc.
written and published.

also

At 19:08 -0700 9/7/04, Richard Gaskin wrote:

>Agreed.  There are a million ways to get the word out about a
>product, and press releases are just one of those ways.  New product
>announcements are merely the most expenses of press releases -- with
>something like Rev why not adopt a school and make it a case study?

For several months now I have been working with a person who
received financing  to develop an education course for inmates
in a prison. He developed his program over three years and is now
finalising it...I've found it to be very interesting.

I would like some opinions/ideas/suggestions on the following:

1. Let's say you are given enough grant money to pay expenses/salary for one
person for two years (no money for equipment purchases).

2. Let's say you wanted to use Rev in the program which you will be developing
  with those finances.

3. Let's say at the end of the two years you must have a course which was
designed for educators.

What sort of a course would you develop?

Would you aim at all levels of educators? University only? Lower levels?

What would be welcomed by the educators? Would it be teaching them
how to make tools which they would use in the administration of their classes
or a course for teaching students how to use Rev? Would you concentrate
on a specific area like disabilities...or science?

atb
sims