Scrollbars and LittleArrows

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Wed Sep 8 03:14:39 EDT 2004

At 6:22 PM -0600 9/5/2004, Arthur Urban wrote:
>  > "If the style of the scrollbar is scrollbar or progress, the maximum
>>  value of the thumbPosition is the scrollbar's endValue minus
>>  the thumbSize."
>
>Well that sounds like what I would have wanted, but it appears that the docs
>aren't entirely accurate. I'm looking at two littlearrow controls that are
>behaving as if they are scrollbars. I just checked the property inspector,
>and both come up little arrow. Oh well...

The property inspector is misleading in this regard. If you check the
style property of the scrollbar (in the message box, or a script), it
will come up as "scrollbar"; there is no "littleArrows" setting for
the style property.

(The little-arrows appearance is just what happens to a scrollbar
when it is made short enough. Try creating a regular scrollbar,
making it very small, then checking its property inspector.)
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com