Copying Menus

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Sep 6 23:41:49 EDT 2004

Hi James,

I suggest making a separate sub-stack and MOVING your original menu
group to it, where it can be set to non-Mac style for easy editing. If
you call it "Menu1", then in your main stack's preOpenStack handler,
you can say:
	set the menuBar of this stack to "Menu1"

Back to the menu editing stack, duplicate the group, edit the new one
as you see fit, call it "Menu2" or whatever you like, and use the same
type of script to set the menubar for stack 2.

I have given up using the Mac-style menus in favor of having them in
separate stacks. It makes them easier to edit and I don't have any
problems with the objects being relocated or the stack window being
resized.

Cheers,
Sarah