Print - A4 - wysiwyg

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Mon Sep 6 20:48:14 EDT 2004

I do a lot of printing with government forms that I change from a PDF to a
.png file (works much better than .jpg both for speed, size of file, and
resolution of print-out). I experimented with .gif too.

My print command looks  like this:

  set the printmargins to 0,0,0,0
  open printing with dialog
  print card from 0,0 to 612,792
  close printing

And even though the card is much smaller than the image it prints exactly
the size of the 8.5 X 11 page that the PDF was made for. It would be
wonderful if we could use the PDF directly but...

On 9/6/04 5:30 PM, "doupsy at wanadoo.fr" <doupsy at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I scan an A4 form (300 ppi) and name it "Formulaire.jpg".  The size of
> this image is 595X842  (points X points).
>
> I have a stack which size is 595,842.
>
> I import "Formulaire.jpg" in this stack. I reduce the size of this
> image to 595,842.
>
> I want to print this cd to have the same form printed as the original
> form that I scanned (I mean with the same sizes).
>
> I tryed different things, but it was never good.
>
> For example, I tryed this :
>
> open printing with dialog
> set printpapersize to 595,842    --- A4
> set printmargins to 10,10,10,40   --- I have an EPSON Stylus Color 800
> (minimum margins of this printer : 3mm, 3mm, 3mm, 14 mm)  (1 inch =
> 25,4 mm)
> print this cd from 10,10 to 595-10,842-40 into 0,0,595-20,842-50
> close printing
>
> I don't know how to obtain exactly the same size as the original after
> printing.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Leo

            |    |    |