ANN: FTP Commander (the ftp browser Frank asked for...)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon Sep 6 17:13:52 EDT 2004

FTP Commander
By Andre Alves Garzia 2004

Motivated by a email from Frank Leahy, I decided to see how fast I
could make a FTP client for the masses. The result is 5 hours. At 1:17
I received the email, at 6:09 I am writing this email. Conclusion
Revolution Rulz!

I was inspired by old XTree Gold, on the left side is local, on right
side is Server side. You can type the full path in the field or press
browse. You must type in the full FTP URL (including user and pass) on
the field. Pressing refresh will refresh the list. Top listbox on each
side is folder list, botton listbox is file list. You can select
multiple files. Operations will work on multiple files. Theres a libURL
log field below. So far I tested all the operations. You can upload,
download, traverse, rename one or multiple files. you go tagging the
files, and press the desired operation button. It works, I think I'll
market this one soon...

so far so good, two apps in one day... pretty good.

http://www.soapdog.org/rev/FTPCommander.rev

Happy FTP!!!
Andre
--