Mac Classic Apps Run Under OS X but Not On Native Classic

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Sep 4 22:05:00 EDT 2004

Having same problem here...  I've got a number of people who want to
pitch in on a huge project, but they are running 9.2 on old Macs.

Someone  said that the compression could be the problem if you used
.sit on OSX...to generate the file for the OS9 user and if they an old
version of stuffit..  (did you do that?) I had them upgrade stuffIt, I
then compressed again with Deluxe making sure that it was .sit for
OS9... still didn't work. I'm getting exactly those same messages, Dan.

So, to eliminate compression issues I've copied the splash screen with
the engine for 9.2 and the .rev stack (all done in 2.2.1)  to a CD and
just today given this to a beta tester... crossing my fingers...I'll
know tomorrow or next day.

  Same app runs fine on OSX and Windows...

Sivakatirswami