What about the quit menuitem in standalone with 2.5?

Wolfgang M.Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Sat Sep 4 09:16:08 EDT 2004

On 04.09.2004, at 01:49, Troy Rollins wrote:

>> I was a hobbyist too (am still, but that's not the point). Now I
>> consider myself a pro. Not because I am a better programmer, or
>> because I learned so much, but because I can help more often then
>> that I need help.

Right Björnke: Evolution is based on diversity. Maybe Revolution dont
need it;)

> This is true. Many hobbyists become pros, and many pros like to help
> out those with less experience. But pros also need to share experience
> with each other sometimes, in an environment which is somewhat less
> noise to signal ratio... at some point, very generalized lists such as
> this one offer little to the pros other than the rewarding opportunity
> to help newbies. I am involved in such general lists for other tools,
> helping out the new folks, but when the work has to get done, and
> there is an advanced question to be asked... well, you don't do it
> there. It would get lost among the 18th "how do I put something into a
> variable?" question of the day.

since I know the list - from the beginning - a splitting in different
lists never worked...

> Many professional programmers will be put off from Revolution if the
> only support list is full of DreamCard hobbyists and complete newbies
> doing a seventh grade homework assignment.
Let´s talk about, when the millions of DC Users are here ;)

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Trainingsmaps© -- speedlearning Mindmaps!
INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com
wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418 Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539