Who is chuck yeager? (OT)

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 3 18:55:50 EDT 2004

On Friday, September 3, 2004, at 11:02 AM, Ken Norris (dialup) wrote:

>> So What? :-)
>
> Nearly impossible because it was very advanced for its time, and
> faster than
> any other manned aircraft. It wasn't heavily armed and had a short
> range,
> but it could outrun anything. But quality metals had become
> unavailable and
> fuel was a problem. A few years earlier and who knows?

Well the Tuskeegee Airmen are claiming three of the five that got shot
down and another website says that more than 120 of them where shot
down during the war. I'm impressed that there are several claims out
there.

> It's waaay off topic though, and I'd rather meet some people on this
> list
> than him anyway.
>
> So there. Take that ;-)
>
> Ken N.

I'm not sure you would want to meet me or not. I have a sense of humor
that often surprises people at times. Once, by navigating through a
storm I worked my way on top of Half Dome in Yosemite in a stunt plane.
A passenger/friend when answering yes to "Would you like to go down
there?" dropped his teeth through the roof of his head when I dropped
the right wing and proceeded to dive down the face of Half Dome ten
feet away from the face. Having been a rock-climber for more than ten
years back then I wanted to see what a falling climber would see after
cutting loose during a equipment failure. The fun part was pulling out
over mirror lake/meadows with a prop tips that were definitely breaking
the sound barrier and then climbing strait up the east side of
Washington's Column... then again I might just be kidding again.

mb