OSX GUI Manipulation?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Sep 3 01:34:00 EDT 2004

Troy Rollins wrote:

> On Sep 3, 2004, at 12:19 AM, bfr at nwlink.com wrote:
>
>> It is quite conceivable that somebody who has actively and intensively
>> worked with System Events scripting will know more than me. I am quite
>> experienced in this area but I do not pretend to be the ultimate
>> authority. Perhaps some other expert will be able to describe effective
>> ways to control difficult applications. But if you just read and believe
>> the System Events dictionary - well, it doesn't always work that way.
>> This
>> is probably the first time in recorded history that Apple technology does
>> not do what it claims to do ;->
>

> I can confirm that some aspects of some programs are beyond the reach of
> GUI scripting. I've explored my very own "made with Revolution"
> application, and found that only about 50% of it could be GUI scripted.
>
> Mr. or Mrs. bfr, you are correct. As far as I know (and I've researched
> it and tried it) Revolution (currently anyway) will not provide you
> everything you need for your app, even with Applescript and GUI scripting.

Unless he writes an external, using the same mechanism that these other
products he cites use.

I doubt the vendors of iKey, etc. are on this list.  Perhaps asking for
such info on lists where this mysterious mechanism is used would better
yield an answer.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation