Playing Card Library

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Thu Sep 2 22:58:33 EDT 2004

Hi Dave,

I did some of this years ago in HyperCard and although I don't have any
functions lying around, I do have a couple suggestions:

While graphics are nice, you can always use the Symbol font to get the
4 card suits. I think others have these too.
For shuffling, the method I used was to build a list of all the cards
and sort them using something like:
	sort lines of tCardList by random(10000)
This means you can just take the card at the top of the list every time
you deal a card and you don't have to worry about getting the same card
twice.

Jacque Gay has a Klondike game made in MetaCard (available through
RevNet), which might give you some pointers.

Cheers,
Sarah