Why 10 hours for a newbie and 30 days for a "programmer"

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Wed Sep 1 21:30:58 EDT 2004

If they have _no_ skills or background training in software but want to
learn, why should they learn for free?

RunRev's not in the business of teaching programming, it's in the
business of SELLING a development tool.

And this whole discussion is, at least for now, kind of moot because:

(a) RunRev aren't likely to change their policy without a lot more
feedback from users of the Dreamcard product; and
(b) As someone has already pointed out a couple of times, you can
always get the 30-day trial of Rev.

This feels to me like a tempest in a teapot when we should all be
beating up on and extolling the virtues (and finding the flaws) of the
new release. So I'm going to shut up on this subject now and get back
to my real love: programming in Rev! Yoohoo!