Rev crash w/ DB Query Builder

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Wed Sep 1 20:53:32 EDT 2004

On Sep 1, 2004, at 5:33 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Mark-
>
> Wednesday, September 1, 2004, 3:29:30 PM, you wrote:
>
> MT> Whenever you get a crash, that is a bug that really needs to
> MT> Bugzillaed.  Crashing is an issue with the engine and not with your
> MT> code in any way.  Reporting crashes for any reason there is the
> only
> MT> way we are going to get Rev to be super stable in all conditions.
>
> Nay, not so. I have a BZ entry which pops up erratically for me and
> causes irrecoverable data loss. Since no one else has come up on this
> one or been able to reproduce it, I have to conclude that my 2.2.1
> installation has somehow gotten corrupted and it probably isn't an
> engine bug after all. The BZ entry is there just for the record now,
> but its existence isn't going to make the engine any more stable.
>
> I *do* agree that there are many discussions on this list that should
> make into Bugzilla and never do, but it never hurts to get a sanity
> check before adding yet another entry to the bug list.

Mark,

Anytime the engine unexpectedly quits, a crash log is created.  This
log needs to be sent in for review with a bug report to bugzilla.
There is never a time you should not report these crashes.  Holding it
over and blaming yourself for the crash will not help you nor the
community as a whole.  At this point, all I care about is that you bug
report the crash.  If you and anyone else wants to talk about it, no
prob with me.  Just for the love of Rev, file the report pronto so they
will take action.

Now....the issue you just mentioned should probably be filed as well.
Rev should not corrupt itself during any kind of use.  I don't care if
your two year-old beats on the keyboard, it should never corrupt.

--
Best regards,
Mark Talluto