Downloads page workaround (was Re: New RunRev site...)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Sep 1 17:49:39 EDT 2004

On 8/31/04 10:36 PM, Marty Billingsley wrote:

> Marian Petrides <mpetrides at earthlink.net>:
>
>>On Aug 31, 2004, at 4:23 PM, Troy Rollins wrote:
>>
>>>All very true, the site is much improved... however, I don't see any
>>>way for existing customers to download the latest version without
>>>signing up for a free trial and being emailed a trial key.
>>
>>Until RunRev gets around to fixing this oversight, the url for the
>>downloads page is:
>>
>>http://downloads.runrev.com/revolution/
>

> My studio license didn't unlock the version of 2.5 that can be
> downloaded from this page -- in fact, my serial number is longer
> than the spaces provided in the registration box.
>
> Any clues as to how to upgrade a studio license?  I emailed Rev's
> support but haven't heard back, and we've got to get our computer
> image complete and installed in the lab by the time students return
> on Tuesday.

Go to http://support.runrev.com/license/updatekeyrequest.php
and if your license is current you will receive another one. The license
key generator was offline today for a while; I think it is back up now.
If you have already requested a key, do not request again -- all the
requests went into a queue and will be sent as soon as the generator is
running again.

The sheer bulk of requests caused some problems.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com