Why 10 hours for a newbie and 30 days for a "programmer" ?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 12:22:25 EDT 2004

--- Judy Perry <jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu> wrote:
> But, how many will they lose to the perception of
> being miserly?
>
> (I should add that I was going to use the work
> 'niggardly' but, being
> afraid of being racially offensive, used a
> thesaurus... in which
> the word 'Scotch' also became an unfortunate
> possibility).
>
> Really, though:  what will they lose by upping it to
> the same 30-day
> period granted to the digerati?
>
> Judy

Hi Judy,

Where Revolution is geared towards programmers,
Dreamcard is aimed at the consumer market -- I'm sure
future revisions will bring more differences between
the products.
If I were looking for a tool to make small tools for
myself, I'd look at what was available for my
immediate needs and how well Dreamcard stacks up
against tools in the same market.
While I will take my time to check every little detail
before parting with $999 for Rev Enterprise, I think a
bit of experimenting with Dreamcard would convince me
in no time.
After all, I bought Revolution 1.1 after having looked
over the feature set on the website and seeing it work
on both my Windows and Mac portables -- a decision
taken after barely 5 hours of play time.
And boy, am I glad I decided to take it :-)

Jan Schenkel.

=====