Why 10 hours for a newbie and 30 days for a "programmer"

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Wed Sep 1 11:21:38 EDT 2004

On 1/9/04 5:00 pm, "Fred D Yocum" <fdy at mcc.org> wrote:

> 10 hours enough? With all due respect I think not.

If after spending 10 hours actually in Dreamcard, you are not ready to part
with $99, I doubt that providing a longer trial is going to help.

> I am actually different than most of Dreamcard prospective users in that I
> have been lurking on this mailing list for a long time. I have downloaded
> Rev a number of time to play with and because I have been looking for an
> excuse to use it. Over the time I've lurked the licensing as continually
> been in flux. When I first looked at Rev you could use a fully functional
> program but were limited to ten lines of code. In the last interation
> along with 30 day trials,  there was a limited version called Revolution
> Express, now we have Dreamcard. It feels like Revolution is still a young
> company in search of a niche and since the constrains are artificial, they
> can and have continually changed.

On the contrary, the company has been around for 8 years, thousands of
customers use Revolution every day.  Like any good company of any size we do
market research from time to time, and the only way to get really good data
is to carefully monitor changes as you make them.  The changes over the last
year have all been in the same overall direction, as we implement the road
map that started when we completed our acquisition of the engine technology
early last year.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools