Mac Menu Madness

william griffin bill at igame3d.com
Wed Sep 1 00:12:15 EDT 2004

I decided to explore the world of popup stacks.
I created a menuBar item
I gave it a button:
on menuPick
popup stack "IDLETHROTTLE"
end menuPick

I tested, the IDE locked up.
Finally I escaped from that, then I noticed my stack which is a toolbar
type of stack, like
the rev toolbar stack, had shifted some X pixels to up under the mac
MenuBar.
I message boxed it down 100 pixels, and noticed all the items of my
stack had shift up a bunch of pixels
I selected all and arrow keyed them down and notice some of my buttons
were missing.

I used a reset button to put everything back in place, no go, the stack
got shoved about 40 pixels
under the menuBar.
I quit, I restarted, and the stack got shoved another extra 40 pixels
under the menuBar
When I check the rect of the stack it is 2,22,800,44  which is exactly
what it always has been
but the display and the settings do not match. as seen here.

http://www.igame3d.com/revmenuMadess.pdf

What could cause this? How do I fix this?

Mr Bill