Login to web mail - libUrlSetAuthCallback?

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Wed Oct 27 12:56:09 EDT 2004

On Oct 27, 2004, at 8:58 AM, VHD wrote:

> When using a normal browser it seems that there are a few page
> redirections before I am able to view my emails.
> Also if I type "http://user:pswd@domain.com" into my browser I can log
> in without a problem but this does not work with the URL command.

Ben,

probably the server is trying to set a cookie which works fine in the
browser, but not in Rev. One way to fool proof this is to erase your
current cookies, configure your browser not to accept them, then try to
access your webmail, if everything is okay, then your problem is not
cookie related but I am very positive about cookies being your problem.
If this is so, then you must see how this cookies are stored, and fake
them to use your webmail. I don't think your webmail cookie will be
encripted, so a quick look in your cookie files or installing a HTTP
"debugger" (there are some for Firefox, like liveHTTPHeaders) to see
the http traffic, this way, if you search long carefully enough, you'll
find the response where the server sets your login cookies. This should
do the trick. If you use standard webmail packages you might want to
share with us, this code! :D

Cheers
andre

--