help in Japanese text encoding

ron barber rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Tue Oct 26 03:24:27 EDT 2004

Hi Namgyal

On Oct 26, 2004, at 2:46 AM, Namgyal Dolker wrote:

> I am making a presentation of one Japanese instructor. I trying to
> find how I can display both English and Japanese in a field.

> set the unicodeText of field "question" to line 2 of URL
> "binfile:Japanese Demo/japaneseqa.txt"
>
> This seems to display only the Japanese and the English is gibberish.

Is line 2 in Japanese or English of both?

Have you tried setting the textfont of the fld?

The following worked for me:
=======
answer file "What file"
put it into fname
put "binfile:" & fname into fname
put url fname into thetext
set the unicodetext of fld "notes" to line n of thetext
=======

I presume you are using RR 2.5 and not earlier versions.

Ron