Referenced control

Ryno Swart swartart at iafrica.com
Mon Oct 25 13:18:06 EDT 2004

I want to put a large movie (126 Mb) onto a CD and play it from a Rev
standalone file. Part of our school yearbook...

(Rev does not appear to want to build a standalone with an imported
movie of this size. Is there an optimum file size not to exceed when
building a standalone?)

It was simple to reference it on the Mac and it works well in the Rev
stack building environment. Next, I built a standalone for the Windows
platform, half expecting the movie to be in the data folder. It isn't.
Where should I put the movie, and at what point?

If I am to put it on the CD, together with the standalone, but not
inside the data folder, is it enough simply to have it in the same
folder as the Rev stack while referencing it?

Baie dankie uit Kaapstad.

Ryno.
home page: http://artistvision.org (...a work in progress...)
weblog: http://creatingfineart.blogspot.com/