1. Invoking the stand-alone builder ??? 2. User-defined types.

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sun Oct 24 13:42:57 EDT 2004

Hi bloody Richmond :-)

> Here's where things get tough . . .
>
> 1.  I could just call the standalone builder by sending a
> 'doMenu' command.
>
> or
>
> 2.  Invoke it rather like one can use 'Create' to make a
> new instantiation of an object.
>
> No. 1 is no good from my point of view because it means
> that a front-end is tied to a particular version of RR or
> MC.
>
> As I cannot 'unfold' the standalone builder in any version
> of RR has anybody any ideas about how to build standalones
> by direct commands . . .

the standalone builder stacks are locked, so no way to peep here...

But you can take a look at the script in MetaCard, that may get
you started...

Put this into the message box in MC:

toplevel "Standalone builder 2.6" of stack "mctools"

OR

toplevel "Standalone builder" of stack "mctools"
## if you are using an older version...

and check the button scripts...

> e.g. on mouseDown
>           create standAlone of type MacOSX from stack
> "MyStack"
>        end mouseDown
>
> yeah, yeah; I know that's pretty naive and goofy, but it is
> to illustrate the point of what I want to do rather than my
> expecting a tidy one-line command!

That way you could write yourself a handler that may look just as simple
as your example script ;-)

> ------
>
> I hope lots of users on the list will respond to both these
> points.

Sorry, just the first one...

> Love, Richmond
> The Think Different Store