Over sized drawers question

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sat Oct 23 17:20:57 EDT 2004

On Oct 23, 2004, at 4:24 PM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:
> Troy, if I may ask, what on earth are you talking about? The Carbon
> API provides as full access to drawers as the Cocoa API does. Carbon
> may have started out as the red-headed stepchild of OS X, but it's had
> full parity with Cocoa for at least three years now, by policy. The
> drawers in Revolution are as "real" as the drawers in any other OS X
> application.

I've heard that said before. The proof is in the pudding, as they say.

Drawers used in Revolution may be "real", but they don't behave like
drawers created with any other tool. So while the drawer may be "real"
the stack to drawer process has some significant flaws (bugs). So my
terminology was bad... I should have said - it isn't the drawers that
are flaky... those are real. And gone on to explain that Revolution
creates buggy and flaky applications, particularly if drawers are
involved, right?
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.