Using QT player for animation in background

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Sat Oct 23 13:41:53 EDT 2004

>> Could anybody help ?
>
> To be able to "overlay" controls on a quicktime player you will have to
> set its "alwaysbuffer" to true!
>
> But then the playback is ehmm.. extremely jerky...
> To put it straight: You can't do that! Sorry :-(
>
> I am no techie, but i think QT "claims" that part of the screen where
> the video is playing* and nothing else can "bother" it...
> * and does refresh that part on its own!

I just tried this and it worked for me. It is actually "visual trickery"
rather than having a button obstructing the video in the mainstack. Put
the button in a sub-stack, and make sure the substack is the same size as
the button. Now hide the window decorations of the substack. It looks like
a normal button, but when it is positioned over a QT object in the
mainstack, it doesn't affect the video playback. Now you can do the fun
part and figure how to keep it positioned relative to the mainstack when
the stack window is moved. I hope this helps.

Roger Eller  <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>